29.11.12

how to: survive nablopomo

I have to be honest.  I'm kind of really happy that November is almost over.  Not that I don't love it, but by the end of the month, blogging every day gets a little challenging.  Ok, a lot challenging.  So, I figured that I'd share with you my tips on how to survive NaBloPoMo.  Here it goes:

1.  SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE.

Before November even started, I started scheduling my posts.  You know how whenever you would have to write a paper in highschool or university, you'd always start with an outline?  Well, this is no different.  I like to see what the plan it - what I'm going to be writing about for the month.  It's still organic though; not written in stone.  The outline is just a guideline, it's constantly changing.

2.  HAVE "THEME DAYS"

Sunday Suppers.  Wordless Wednesdays.  Follow Fridays.  These are the "theme days" that I use during NaBloPoMo (and the rest of the year!) and I find that they really help me out.  They take the pressure off of deciding what to blog about that day.  Plus, the Wordless Wednesdays are a nice way to let your pictures do the taking.  It's an easy blogging day.



3.  USE THE "SCHEDULE" FEATURE

Here's my secret: I don't blog every day.  Sure, there's a new blog post each day in November, but I don't sit down and write every day.  I write in chunks; two or three posts at a time.  It's what works for me.  It allows me to have days "off", yet still get all my posts done.  I just schedule the posts to auto-post on the days that I want.  I don't think I could do NaBloPoMo without this.

4.  HAVE FUN!

The whole idea behind NaBloPoMo (and blogging!) is to have fun!  Don't take it too seriously.  If you miss a post, don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us.  Relax and have fun!

1 comment:

robyNadine said...

You are so organized! Next year I am definitely doing the calendar schedule like you have done!