30.11.12

follow friday - can you stay for dinner

I find that whenever I'm going through something in my life, the thing that helps me through those challenges is to connect with other people who are also going through the same (or similar) challenges.  

Currently, my challenge is getting healthy.  I don't think that I'm an overly unhealthy person, but I believe that there's always room for improvement.

I don't believe that getting healthy should be negative; I don't want to focus on what I'm depriving myself of (which is nothing, by the way) or stay chained to the scale.  I don't want to be on a crazy "diet" or to kill myself in the gym every single day.  I want to do things that make me happy AND healthy.  I want to embrace my curvy, womanly body - not hide it.

That's why I love the blog Can You Stay for Dinner so much.  This woman, Andie is so positive about living a healthy lifestyle.  I connect with her journey on so many levels and she's truly an inspiration.

Check her out.  She also has some drool-worthy recipes and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments: