19.11.11

vote!

Do you know what today is?  Today is municipal election day in British Columbia!

I have to admit, when it comes to election time (be it federal, provincial, or municipal), I kind of become a political junkie.  Yep, I that person who researches the candidates to make an informed vote, is glued to the television on election night, and even gets a little emotional when I exercise my right to vote.  I have even been known to send emails to my friends and family to remind them of the upcoming election and provide them with access to information so that they can inform themselves before they vote.



Being part of the democratic process means so much to me.  Maybe it's because generations of women before us fought so hard so that we could be included in this process.  Maybe it's because it reminds me how grateful I am to be Canadian and have the freedoms that I do.  Either way, voting just seems to really do it for me.

My love of voting aside, if you live in British Columbia, PLEASE go out and vote today.  Polls are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and it really doesn't take up much for your time at all :)

No comments: