10.11.11

road block

Remember the goal that I set for myself?

Ya, it's been three days and I haven't started yet.  My reason?  I'm sick.  I've been sick for over a week and I just can't seem to shake this cold.  

I've tried everything.  Stayed home from work.  Drank lots of fluids.  Got lots of sleep.  Bought $30 honey that was supposed to make me feel SO MUCH better (it didn't).





So, I've hit a road block in my goal before it's even started.

The plus side?  I've been walking.  Instead of diving up to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for dinner, I walked.  I'm still trying to be active, while also allowing myself the rest my body needs in order to get healthy again.



At first I was really disappointed in myself.  I set something for myself and then don't even start it?  How am I ever going to succeed?  Then, I gave myself a break.  I'm not well, and in order to achieve my goal, I need to be.  So, I'm letting myself take the time, get healthy again, and then kick the crap out of my goal.  Sometimes life gives you road blocks.  Just don't let the road blocks stop you completely.

No comments: