5.10.11

t&a in seattle

If you visited my blog earlier today (or if you scroll down now) you'll have seen a few pictures from a recent trip Hubby and I took to Seattle, Washington.  We made the trip down to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. It had been ages since both Hubby and I had been to Seattle, so we figured that it would be the perfect destination for a weekend getaway.







Coincidentally, two of our very close friends were staying in a hotel just down the street form ours, so we met up with them on the Friday night for some good times at Sharp's Roast House. Oh. My. Goodness. This place was amazing. We where there during "happy hour" and we had a blast. We drank (a little too much), ate delicious food (the Applewood Smoked BBQ Pull Meat Salad was AMAZING), and shared many laughs with our dear friends.

watermelon tini - i think I had three of them

Satruday, Hubby and I ventured into downtown Seattle to see some of the sights. Our first stop was Pioneer Square. We absolutely LOVED this area of town. So many historic buildings and so many neat shops to look at, I would have loved to spend more time exploring but we just didn't have the time. While we were in Pioneer Square, we decided to do the Underground Tour of Seattle. This tour was fantastic and I would highly recommend doing it if you're planning a trip to Seattle anytime in the near future. The guides were hilarious and it was so neat to learn a part of Seattle's history while standing underground. Very cool. After Pioneer Square we decided to walk to Pike Place Market. We spent a couple hours exploring the market and the shops.

underground toilet


underground

above ground



One of our stops while we were at the market was a "very French bakery" called Le Panier.  This bakery was recommended to me by my dental hygienist (of all people) a few days before we left for our trip.  She spoke so highly of it that I knew we had to stop there for a quick treat.  This place is so fantastic.  A quaint little cafe which smelled of coffee and freshly-baked bread.  It was heaven and the perfect place to stop and take a break from all the walking around.  My only complaint is that it's so far away from where I live.




On the last day of our vacation, we spent a number of hours at the Museum of Flight.  Hubby was just like a kid in this museum.  He loved looking at all the planes, playing with the simulators, and even sitting in a plane.  27 going on 7.  Honestly though, this museum was really interesting.  My favourite part had to be touring Air Force One.  Very neat.



All in all, it was a great weekend away.  Honestly though, it doesn't matter where we go, or what we do, I just hope that making a big deal about our wedding anniversaries is something that continues through the many, many years of marriage ahead.  It's an opportunity to get away, relax, and reflect on where we were, and how far we've come, as a couple.

2 comments:

Taren said...

Love it!!If you can't make a big deal out of every successful year of marriage, what can you celebrate? So worth it! I've gotta take my hubby to the Flight Museum, he is plane obsessed!

Amanda said...

Take him - he'll freak out! There are actually two museums (we only did one). There's the one we went to and there's another one where you get to tour the plant where the planes are built.