3.7.11

summatime

It's Saturday afternoon and I lay down on the grass, letting the sun kiss my bare arms and legs; such a nice change from the rain and clouds.  I take in a deep breath and smell the mix of clean laundry and warm grass.  I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of this summer day; the waves crashing against the shore, the children running and laughing, and the sound of the leaves rustling in the sweet summer breeze.



I start reading the pages of my new book, reading the words, my mind is transported into another world. I'm calm, finally at peace after an emotional and draining month. Eventually I drift into a half sleep/half meditation. I soak up this time. This pause in life, this moment to relax and enjoy the quiet peacefulness of the day.

I feel Hubby's foot against the side of my calf. A simple reminder that he's there; that my love is by my side. I think about how lucky I am to have him with me this summer; lucky that we don't have to be a part like we did last summer. I think about the future, excited for the new adventures to come.



Eventually, we pack up our chairs and towels and walk back to the car to make our way home.  Our skin is still warm from the rays of the sun, and we're parched for some refreshing water.  We turn to each other and smile.  Afternoons and moments like these are what I live for.

No comments: