14.1.11

dine out date night


I love Vancouver.  I especially love late January/early February in Vancouver.  Why?  Each year during this time, Tourism Vancouver puts on a city-wide celebration of food and British Columbia Wine known as Dine Out Vancouver.  If you live in the Lower Mainland and you've never participated in Dine Out, I urge you to try it out this year.  Tourism Vancouver's website describes Dine Out as:

"giving you the chance to taste Vancouver's hot restaurant digs, new hit eateries and neighbourhood favourites all for a reasonable prix-fixe price."

Simply, Dine Out is awesome!  This year, Hubby and I have combined Dine Out with date night and we're doing  "T&A Dine Out Date Nights".  This allows us to have our much-needed date nights, but keeps us within our monthly budget. 

This year, we're trying two new restaurants:  Salt Tasting Room ($28 menu) and Poor Italian Trattoria & Ristorante ($38 menu).  I've wanted to check out the Salt Tasting Room ever since I saw it featured on a Food Network program about Vancouver eateries, and Hubby always says "I want to try that place" whenever we pass the Poor Italian.  So, Dine Out is a perfect way to experience these restaurants, yet not spend a fortune.

Are you participating in Dine Out this year?  What restaurants will you be trying out?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You'll have to let me know how the restaurants were/are!!