11.11.10

a day of remembrance


Remembrance Day is one of the many moments each year where I'm especially proud to be the wife of an Officer serving with the Canadian Forces.  I happily stand (usually in the freezing, cold rain) among my fellow citizens and remember those who have fought, and are currently fighting, for our freedom.

Yes, I don't get to spend Remembrance Day at home, in my pyjamas watching movies, my day is spent visiting various armouries and legions, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I get to stand beside my husband (who looks oh so handsome in his uniform!) and proudly introduce myself as his wife.  Also, since most of our friends are also in the military, the day always includes being surrounded by good friends.

This Remembrance Day, please don't forget to take a moment at the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month to remember those who fought, and are currently fighting, for our awesome country!

No comments: