1.11.10

christmas? bring it!

I officially started my Christmas shopping this past weekend and realized something - once Halloween is over, people immediately start thinking about Christmas.  Unlike our neighbours to the south, we don't really have a holiday in between Halloween and Christmas.  Yes, there is Remembrance Day on the 11th, however, it's not the type of holiday where you get the family together and carve up a turkey.  It's usually spent lounging around the house, soaking up the goodness that one can only feel when it's Thursday and you're not at work (unless, you're in the military - more on that later).
So yes, most of us moan and complain when we see that stores are setting up their Christmas stock and decorations mid-October.  This is definitely how I felt the other day when I spotted my first Christmas tree of the year.
However, I have to admit that I love that the SECOND Halloween is over, the Christmas season is in full swing.  I know that a lot of people cringe at the thought of braving the cold (and sometimes snowy) weather and to push their way through a crowded mall in the search of the perfect gifts for their loved ones, but it brings me so much joy.  I can't wait until all the stores start playing Christmas music, until our schedules are jam-packed with various festive events, and the best of everything - the Christmas Train!!

So, Christmas season starting November 1st? Bring it!

No comments: